Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It All Started With A Mouse...

"Dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them."-Walt Disney
One day back in the fall of 2009, I was walking through the student union of my university and saw the poster for The Disney College Program. My life was changed forever. This program opened up my eyes to possibilities that I never saw for myself. I soon embarked on the Spring Advantage Program from January 2010 to August 2010. I work in the Magic Kingdom in the Quick Service Food & Beverage Division.
Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams
While working on your program you will interact with people not just from all over the United States but from all over the world. An important tip, always keep an open mind! During my program I worked with and made friends from many different countries, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and Australia, just to name a few. They may be from different parts of the world but they are experiencing the same things you are while on the College Program. If you allow yourself to be open to all of the new opportunities you will be having, those "work friends" will soon become lifelong friends. It is also key to keep this open mind when first starting out your job. The managers in your area will start you out with the easiest job. Once you show them what type of worker you are, they will move you on to new tasks. Always remain within the Disney guidelines but most importantly, bring your smile! If the guests see you having a great time, they will have a great experience. Have fun making the magic!