Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roomies

Roommates are the first people you will meet when embarking on The Disney College Program. The number of people you can share an apartment with will range from 3 to 6. There are 3 different apartment complexes you can choose from, Vista Way, Chatham Square and Patterson Court. The price difference for these complexes is very small. It is only 10 dollars more to stay in the newest addition to the complexes, Patterson Court. Definitely go for this housing complex! This is where I resided in the happiest place on earth for my 8 month program. The apartments are beautiful and it boasts a spacious pool courtyard. A bonus of this apartment complex is that it is a quiet one. This is definite need after coming home from a long day of work out in the hot Florida Sun.

It is important for me to mention before going on that it is possible that you will not become best friends with your roommates, and that’s ok! I consider myself very blessed in the fact that my roommates and I bonded quickly and remained friends throughout our program. Some of my other friends were not so lucky. But no matter your predicament, you can always request a move. There is only a small fee that accompanies you new move. Again an open mind is essential for you to bring to the table. It was not always sunshine and rainbows for my roommates and I, we had to learn to live with each other. We came from all walks of life and different areas of the world. Gina is from New Jersey. Jess calls South Dakota home. Karen traveled all the way from Mexico City to participate in the program. Always talk about what you are feeling, never let anything build up. Also a tip, employ a simple chore chart when things start to get messy. This allows for everyone to be held accountable. In the end, the bond you form with you roommates can be one that will last a lifetime, long after your departure date.
Clockwise: Myself, Gina, Karen & Jess