Monday, April 25, 2011

Was That My Bus!?

While working for Disney will be the most magical time in your life, it is a job and it definitely comes with its share of hardships. The one aspect that you may feel would turn you away is being so far from home. Homesickness does play a factor, but not a major one. If your college is far from your home then you are used to the distance. If you are not used to the distance, give it time, your friends will quickly become your family. Also you will find yourself getting lost in all the fun you and your new friends are having. The ability to get into the parks for free, other offerings on Disney property and the city of Orlando create a vast play ground for you to explore in.
The major mode of transportation for the College Program is the Disney bus system. While it is 9 times out of 10, there is the occasional time when the bus is off schedule. Whether you missed the bus or it is late, no need to fear. Just simply wait for the next one, you work area (in my experience) will be forgiving, as long as it does not become a problem. It is possible to survive without a car while on your program. I made it my entire program without a car. At first it was hard because I was used to always having to option of driving myself wherever I needed to go. But consider it a stepping stone into adulthood and responsibility. During my 8 months on the College Program I managed to only be late to work once. The fact is, it eventually boils down to you, not your mode of transportation to determine if you are on time to work or not.